Tuesday, April 8, 2014

L-DK (Ongoing Manga): Review



Okay so I'm back with another manga review. I've been busy with reading manga for quite some time now mainly because I only have two shows that I currently am following- Emergency Couple and Cunning Single Lady. Usually, I watch 3 along with my blogging and youtubing. But since I can't find a suitable show to add on my list, I just decided to dedicate my time on reading.




I found out about L-DK when I found out that a live action movie will be released soon. I reckon thinking, 'If this is going to be adapted on the big screen, then the story must be great'. And it is! Although the pacing of the story is a little fast for my taste, I feel that the core story line makes up for it.


It is a story about a regular girl living alone, who finds out that the school's "prince" is apparently her neighbor. You would think that this is an exciting discovery for any girl from their school. Yes, that's true. But not for Aoi. She thinks Shusei is full of himself and doesn't deserve a second look. That's how she thought until she meets the real Shusei through inevitable circumstances in her apartment, as her neighbor.


I'm currently in volume 9 and can I just say that this is a very cute romantic manga? It's not outright comedy, in my opinion, but there are definitely times when I just burst out laughing. I would definitely love to recommend this manga for all of you who are looking forward to reading a nice manga to kill time. Oh, and I particularly like the drawing. If you didn't already know, I am a firm believer that for a manga/anime to be truly beautiful, the drawing must first be beautiful. There several exceptions, of course. There are drawing styles that I am not particularly a fan of, but the story line is amazing. I'm just saying that most of the time, I look at the drawings first prior to the plot. Sorry, that sounded so shallow but it's the truth. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive my shallow self. I thank you, bow.

No comments: