Monday, April 14, 2014

Prime Minister and I + 2000 Won's I Hate Seoul: My Thoughts

Prime Minister and I isn't actually a new drama. It started late last year and it already ended two months ago. I knew about it from week one and I immediately watched it as soon as english subtitles were released. The sad thing about it, however, is that during that week, I didn't find the story to be amusing enough for me to actually finish one episode. Yes, you heard me right. Although the genre of the story is romantic comedy, my favorite, the story itself didn't appeal to me. It's not that the pace was too slow for me but I just didn't really like watching the show because of the main lead. Just to clarify, I have nothing against each of the leads. Although I am not familiar with Lee Beom Soo, I can see that he's a good actor and he does his Prime Minister role quite well. Yoona, on the other hand, has always been one of my top SNSD members that I admire. She's pretty and she acts well. This brings me back into revealing why I was so uninterested of the drama when in fact, individually, both lead actors were great. Two words. Age gap. I don't actually care about their age gap in real life but physically, they look so far apart in that category that I didn't feel the chemistry at all.

Yesterday, however, I did not have anything to watch so I tried viewing the drama again. I'm a firm believer of second chances (in giving a certain drama my attention) and I'm glad I did. Now that I'm watching it for the second time, I don't cringe at the age gap anymore. It's still too early for me to judge the drama as a whole but so far, so good. I'm planning to watch more episodes. I'm still on episode 3 so I can't really comment much on other aspects of the drama but I think it's worth the time. It's entertaining enough for me and I'm planning to finish the whole drama in the coming days especially since I haven't really decided on what to watch as replacement for the now finished "Emergency Couple". Oh how I miss that drama!

Something that I ought to mention in this post is the plot. The story is all about Nam Da Jung, a writer from a tabloid news spread called Scandal News. In an attempt to get a scoop on the youngest nominee to be the prime minister, she got herself tangled in a scandal with the nominee, Kwon Yul! To settle everything, they both ended up in a contract relationship with each other.

I suggest you try it out and watch it with me. I actually want buddies to watch it with. Oh, and if you already watched this, let me know if you find it any good. But please, no spoilers. I can't accept that. Haha.


On another note, I would like to share a new song that was released a few days ago that I just came to know about today. The song is by 이천원 (2000 Won), a duo group from South Korea, whom I knew from K-Pop Star Season 2 alongside Akdong Musician and Racoon Boys. They were among my favorites that season, including the other two mentioned just now. Anyway, 2000 Won got eliminated in the middle of the competition, seeing as Akdong Musician was the grand winner but it's just really nice to see that they have actually debuted despite having been eliminated. I particularly liked them because I knew they had talent within them to break into the K-Pop music industry and this song proves me right. I just hope they make it big and the promotions for this particular song goes well.

Here's their music video so you guys have an idea of what I'm talking about. It's entitled, "I Hate Seoul".


And here's a shout out to my good friend, Jade who's just moved to UK. Hit me with your adventure stories as soon as you can, okay? I can't wait! :)

No comments: