Monday, April 28, 2014

Haikyuu! (Ongoing)


One of the saddest things I've had to encounter recently is the end of Kuroko no Basket's season 2. I found out about Kuroko through last year's Jump Festa. I visited Japan last December and was fortunate to be able to join the event. During the event, it was evident that Kuroko no Basket is a very popular anime in Japan. I had no idea about the show before coming to Japan but since Kuroko stuff is all over Japan, I decided to give it a try and I loved it. A few weeks ago, the last episode of its season 2 aired and I was so sad because I wanted to watch more of Kuroko and the team. Good thing, however, that Shounen Jump decided to adapt another sports manga as an anime-- Haikyuu!

I had high hopes for this anime because #1. I loved the plot. and #2. It's from Shounen Jump. So last week, I started watching the show and I can't be any more pleased. Loved the plot, the drawing, the colors... And it's funny. Yay!

I watch the show with my mom, who, by the way, loved the show as much as she loved Kuroko. So if you guys are thinking about starting to watch an ongoing anime, then I suggest you try this show out. There is no down side, in my opinion. Unless you count that you have to wait every week for a new episode as a bad thing (because apparently you are more impatient than I am). Currently, there are four episodes and I can't wait to watch the next!

Here's the plot taken from MyAnimeList.net:
A chance event triggered Shouyou Hinata's love for volleyball. His club had no members, but somehow persevered and finally made it into its very first and final regular match of middle school, where it was steamrolled by Tobio Kageyama, a superstar player known as "King of the Court." Vowing revenge, Hinata applied to the Karasuno High School volleyball club... only to come face-to-face with his hated rival, Kageyama!
A tale of hot-blooded youth and volleyball from the pen of Haruichi Furudate!!

Have you heard of this anime before? Are you currently watching it? Or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts below!

No comments: