Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Pink "Pink Blossom" Mini Album: Review


For the past two days, I have been listening to A Pink's latest mini album called "Pink Blossom". It was released last March 31, 2014 with seven tracks, one being an instrumental. This is the perfect background music for when I'm reading romance mangas. I don't know why but all their songs seem to emit a romantic feel, which I surprisingly have been loving lately.

I gotta be honest with you. I'm not a big A Pink fan. Although I have big respect for them for not going with the "sexy concept" trend, I'm still not familiar with all the members and I don't have enough knowledge on the group's total personality. They have been in the industry for a while but I haven't really listened to their albums as much as I listened to this one. So basically, what I'm trying to say is I really really like this album compared to the previous ones. I have high hopes regarding this album and I really hope that they get the recognition they deserve for this.

There are seven tracks and I would like to share my thoughts on each track, in a regular netizen's point of view, who doesn't understand the Korean language. I won't be looking for english translations so I will just comment on how it sounds to me.

1. "SUNDAY MONDAY (썬데이 먼데이)" 
This is probably my favorite track in the album. I love the acoustic feel/ sounds of the song. It matches A Pink's vocals very well. I don't exactly know what the song means (too lazy to search) but it emits a very romantic feel. I like to put this track on repeat.

2. "Mr. Chu (On Stage)"
Their title track that has been released a few days ago. It's a very catchy song that I always end up singing along with. I love the transition of different parts of the songs right from the verses to the chorus. Oh, and have you seen the MV??? I love it! All the members look so fresh! I wonder if it's possible for me to also have the same feel- fresh and youthful. (Frustrations activated! LOL)


3. "Crystal (크리스탈)"
It's the type of song that would make you take a step  side by side while listening to. I also like the transition of different parts of the song and the harmony of their voices are quite pretty to listen to.

4. "Fairytale Love (사랑동화)" 
This gives me that drama OST kind of vibe. I personally like how their voices came out in this particular song because it doesn't sound too small for my taste. (I don't know if I'm even making senses with that comment. Haha)

5. "So Long"
This has got to be my second favorite track of the list. I like the sound, their voices and I feel nostalgic everytime I hear this. I don't even know what the song means but when they say "Do You Remember", it actually stimulates me to think of different memories.

6. "Mr. Chu"
Practically the same song as the On Stage Mr. Chu, except for some added accompaniments and added song duration of a few seconds.

7. "Mr. Chu (Instrumental)"
A nice instrumental so you can definitely make a cover in no time.

I've been loving the concept so much that I actually made a makeup tutorial inspired by their Mr. Chu concept!

No comments: